Comment on page
Send from an alias
How to send emails from a different address with Mailmeteor
With Mailmeteor, you can send personalized mass emails from an alias. This allows you to send your campaigns from multiple usernames.
An alias is another email address you own. It could be another Gmail address, a non-Gmail address, or your work, school, or business email address.
- 1.In Gmail, in the top right, click SettingsSettings
- 2.Click the Accounts and Import tab.
- 3.In the "Send mail as" section, click Add another email address.
- 4.Enter your name and the address you want to send emails from.
- 5.Click Next StepSend verification.
- 6.For school or work accounts, enter the SMTP server and the username and password on that account. The SMTP server for Gmail addresses is smtp.gmail.com, and the SMTP server for Outlook addresses is smtp-mail.outlook.com.
- 7.Click Add Account.
- 8.To confirm, sign in to the account you added.
- 9.Open the confirmation message, and click the link.
And voilà! You've successfully added an email alias to your Gmail account.
You can now add your alias in Mailmeteor. Here's how to do it from the Google Sheets add-on:
- 1.Open Mailmeteor in Google Sheets.
- 2.Click on More options.
- 3.Select Create a new alias.
- 4.Add your alias name and email address.
- 5.Click Save.
Your alias is now ready. Great job! 🎉 To send messages from your alias, click Cancel to return to the main menu. In the Sender name field, click the ("▼") symbol next to your email address and select your alias.
- 1.Make sure to copy and paste the exact email address of your email alias in Mailmeteor. If there is a typo in your alias email address or if the alias is not configured in Gmail, Mailmeteor will fall back to your primary email.
If you prefer to watch a video, here's a tutorial on how to use an alias with Mailmeteor: