Comment on page
Reached a limit
After sending a campaign, you may receive an automatic email from Google saying: "You have reached a limit for sending email." Why and how to solve this?
You're getting the error message "You have reached a limit for sending mail. Your message was not sent." because Gmail has reduced your daily limit. Gmail is trying hard to put spam out of their service and when they detect an abuse, they reduce the daily quota from 500 a day, to not a lot...
Here are the most common reasons why Gmail is reducing your daily quota:
1) Your email has been detected as spam
This is the most common case. Google might have detected your emails as spam. In that situation, will need to review your email campaign so as to prevent your emails to fall into spam. Check our section How to avoid spam.
2) Your Google Workspace account is new and under trial
If you are a new Google Workspace account (formerly G Suite), your account may be under trial and limited to 400 emails per day. Usually, the trial period lasts two weeks. You can skip the G Suite trial period by making a manual payment or pay early.
3) Your daily sending limit has been hit
Your daily quota includes mails sent with Mailmeteor but also emails that you manually send with Gmail. You may have sent some emails previously with Gmail? If so, try again in a few hours. Read more on Gmail's sending limits.
4) You are sending emails using POP/IMAP
We recommend you to remove this setting if you want to use Mailmeteor properly without limit.
When Gmail limits your account, here are a few things you should do immediately:
- 1.Pause your sending. Email reputation generally comes back pretty quickly if you stop your sending activity for a few days.
- 2.Then progressively send emails. Start with 25 emails a day. 50 the next day, then 75, etc.
- 3.Focus on engagement. If people don't interact with your emails, either by replying or clicking on a link, that's a factor you're sending spam.
Here are two other articles to help you improve your deliverability and avoid this error: