Comment on page
Follow-ups & Sequences
How to send automatic follow-ups and email sequences with Gmail
A follow-up email is an automated email that is sent to a recipient following a first conversation. The follow-up email acts a reminder for the recipient and is meant to prompt to reply or take action. This can significantly improve your results.
With Mailmeteor, you can do two things ⤵️
- 1.Email sequences Send a series of emails after at a few days interval. You can send a new email 3 days later. Then another email 1 week later. Email sequences, also called Drip campaigns, are a great way to onboard your new customers or to nurture your leads.
- 2.Auto follow-ups Send automatic follow-up emails to your recipients. You can set up conditional follow-ups. Meaning that your emails will be sent if certain conditions are met. For example, you can send an automated follow-up if the recipient didn't open your first email.
Email sequence in Gmail
Mailmeteor lets you send email sequences. It's possible to send a simple follow-up with Gmail as well as a multi-steps sequence over several days or weeks. A common use case is to send a follow-up email 3 days later if the recipient hasn’t replied yet.
- 3.Compose the first message of your email sequence.
- 4.Next, click on Add a follow-up email to set up an automated follow-up.
- 5.Write your follow-up email and select your sending options.
- 6.Once you're ready, click on Send emails to lauch your sequence.
Mailmeteor lets you send follow-ups either in the same thread or send follow-ups in separate conversations with different subject lines.
- 1.Create a new campaign.
- 2.Compose your first email.
- 3.Add a follow-up email to your campaign.
- 4.Click on the three vertical dots, in the top-right corner.
- 5.Select Subject to create another conversation with a new subject line.
Follow-up in another thread
There's no limit to how many follow-ups you can add to your email sequence. However, it’s a best practice to keep your marketing sequence under 7 steps.
A perfect balance could be 3 steps in total. Otherwise, you may come across as too pushy, and your recipients may unsubscribe or, worse, flag your emails as spam.
With Mailmeteor, you can set up automated follow-ups based on your recipient's actions. This is also called "behaviour based follow-ups".
For example, you can:
- Follow up on an email after no response Easily follow up on a recipient that didn't respond. Set up a "reply stop" in case your lead responds.
- Follow up when a recipient doesn't open your email Resend an email to people who didn't open your first email.
- Follow up when a recipient clicks a link Send a follow-up if your recipients show interest in your content by clicking on a link enclosed in your first email.
Here are the different conditions you can use to trigger your follow-ups:
- IF no reply: send a follow-up if the recipient hasn’t replied yet.
- IF no open: send a follow-up if the recipient hasn’t opened the previous email.
- IF no click: send a follow-up if the recipient hasn’t clicked a link in the previous email.
- IF click: send a follow-up if the recipient has clicked a link in the previous email.
- IF open: send a follow-up if the recipient has opened the previous email.
- No matter what: no condition, the follow-up email is always sent.
You can also choose the interval between each step:
- After a few days: send a follow-up email one or several days later
- After a few hours: send a follow-up email hours later