Comment on page
Keep track of your emails in real-time, assess the success of your campaign
When you send a campaign, Mailmeteor generates a tracking report showing email opens, clicks, replies, or bounces. The results are updated in real-time.
The tracking report is enabled by default on paid plans. To activate this feature from the Mailmeteor add-on for Google Sheets, check the box as follows before you send your mail merge:
Once the emails are sent, you can't change the tracking option. So, always make sure to double-check your settings before sending any emails.
When you track emails with our Google Sheets add-on, a Merge status column is added to your spreadsheet. Mailmeteor also provides a full tracking report in the sidebar on the right.
Mailmeteor generates a new report for each campaign you send. You can view your tracking reports whenever you want. To access your tracking report from Mailmeteor for Google Sheets, go to Extensions > Mailmeteor > Tracking report.
Mailmeteor's tracking feature lets you monitor your recipients' engagement in real-time. You can track up to 6 key metrics:
- SENT - Mailmeteor sent your email successfully.
- OPENED - The email was opened by one of your recipients.
- CLICKED - Your recipient clicked a link inside your email.
- BOUNCED - The email bounced back, which means the recipient didn't receive the email.
- REPLIED - Your recipient responded to the email.
- UNSUBSCRIBED - Your recipient opted out of your email list.
Mailmeteor tracks all links in your email. To make sure Mailmeteor tracks your link properly, you can use the link button in the editor:
- 1.Click on "Add or remove link".
- 2.Edit the anchor text.
- 3.Add your link.
- 4.Click "OK".
Mailmeteor tracks email opens and clicks in real-time. Our tracking system follows industry standards.
It works by adding a small image - called a tracking pixel - at the bottom of each email you send. Then, every time someone opens your email, it downloads that tiny image, and Mailmeteor records this in its database.
👉 Open tracking
Tracking is helpful to measure the success of your Mailmeteor campaign. But, due to how the email protocol works, we can't guarantee 100% accuracy on opening rates.
- Tracking opens depends on email service providers (such as Gmail, Apple Mail, or Yahoo). Some providers download the tracking pixel before users open their emails. This is why some emails are marked as Opened immediately after sending.
- Other email service providers block images by default. This means that sometimes your messages will be marked as Sent even though they've been opened.
- Lastly, some email providers are blocking pixel trackers for privacy reasons, which can impact the accuracy of opening rates, no matter what email marketing platform you use.
Despite all this, most email opens are tracked accurately, and Mailmeteor's tracking report gives you a great estimation of your campaign's performance.
👉 Click tracking
It's much easier to track clicks than opens. Mailmeteor applies a unique identifier to track the emails sent from your account. This allows us to know exactly when someone clicks on a link.
However, this comes with a slight drawback, as your links will look different from the original URL. If you're concerned that your tracked links might look suspicious to some of your recipients, you can use a custom tracking domain or easily remove tracking by unticking the box Track emails before sending a campaign.
Tracking is updated in real time. But if you notice that your report does not update, you can reload stats by clicking on the refresh icon at the top right corner of the sidebar.
You can access tracking stats days or months after your campaign was sent. The data remains visible as long as you have an active plan.
People with access to the Google Sheets document or team members in the Mailmeteor Dashboard can view the campaign's tracking report.
If you prefer watching a video, here's a tutorial on how to use the tracking report with Mailmeteor: